If you are receiving a 403 Permission error notice when attempting to access Cosmotown.com, this is an enhanced security measure. End users are blocked access after more than 3 failed log in attempts. Perhaps, you have entered an incorrect password?
1. EMAIL CUSTOMER SUPPORT: If you receive the subject message, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with your IP address (you can Google what's my ip address). We will remove the block and then advise when it is complete via email.
2. DELETE YOUR INTERNET CACHE, OR USE A DIFFERENT INTERNET BROWSER: After the block is removed, you may have to delete your internet browser cache. Otherwise, you may access a cached version of the site, and receive the same error. A quick workaround, is after you receive our update that the block is removed, access the site via a different internet browser.
3. YOU MAY NEED TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD: For existing customers who are visiting the new website platform, for the first time after its release on 1/19/14, you must also reset your password, from your previous Cosmotown.com password. This is why the log in attempt failed initially. We did not import previously passwords into the new system, as that would be a security breach. We notified exiting customers of this change via email, multiple times, prior to change to the new system.
Kindly request a reset password link here:
4. TO DECREASE THE NUMBER OF ALLOWED LOG IN ATTEMPTS:
Log in to your account
Click My Account tab to the left
Whitelist your IP address, if you have a static IP
Click on the last drop down menus labeled 'Maximum failed login attempts:"
Select the number you wish
5. TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF ALLOWED LOG IN ATTEMPTS:
Please email email@example.com, from the approved administrative contact email address, with the number you would like to increase to.
We appreciate your understanding as security is of the utmost importance to us.
Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.