Your current registrar has up to 5 full days to respond to our transfer request which is sent to them immediately after you order on the website. Usually, the losing registrar sends out an approval email to their customers right away. They don't typically wait the 5 days.
Also long as the below criteria is met, then you will receive two separate emails, after order. One from Cosmotown, one from your current registrar, asking you to approve the transfer. If you accept, the transfer will be sent to the Registry right away and the transfer should complete within a day or two.
If you ignore those emails, then the transfer will not initiate. They will be on hold indefinitely.
Criteria to be met before you order your transfer on the website:
- Your domain is unlocked
- Your domain is set to public (Whois Private Registration is disabled. With GoDaddy this is done through Domains by Proxy. You must log in to Domains by Proxy site, and disable private reg, if it is on)
- Your admin contact details are all up to date. In particular your admin email address, as this is where the transfer approval notifications will be sent
- Auto renew is turned off
The transfer will:
- Not affect SEO in any way
- Not affect Performance. We use premium DNS.
- You will experience downtime only if you need to change any of your DNS settings.
If you are using your registrar's nameservers, and their DNS, and need to change to ours. You may experience a downtime of 48-72 hours (typically it is much shorter). We are at the mercy of internet browsers for this. This will be the case for any registrar you transfer to.
If you are using third party nameservers (i.e. through your hosting company), and all your DNS settings are set up with them, they will automatically import. You will not experience any downtime.